Save whatsapp chats save
– Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots on the top right.
– Go to Settings and tap on Chats option.
– Tap on the chat backup option below.
– After doing this you will get the option of Google Drive Settings.
– Now select the ‘Back up to Google Drive’ option.
– Here you will get the option to backup the shared chats and media files (videos) in WhatsApp. If you want to back up media files too, tap on ‘Include Videos’.
– After doing this you have to select the backup time.
– Here you can select one according to your need in Never, Only when I tap “Back up”, Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
– Now you have to go to Google account option and enter the email address in which you want to backup the chats.
You can decide whether you want to backup via Wi-Fi, cellular or both networks by going to the advanced settings.
– Now you have to tap on the backup option to save the chat in Google Drive or Gmail account.
How to backup chats on iOS
To back up WhatsApp chat on iOS, the most important is to turn on iCloud Drive in iPhone. Chats cannot be backed up on iOS without it. After doing this follow these steps:
– Open WhatsApp on iPhone.
– Tap on the Settings option at the top right.
– Then tap on chats.
– Tap on the chat backup option given here.
– To back up chats on iCloud Drive, tap on the ‘Back Up Now’ option.
– If you wish, you can also give permission to save chats automatically on iCloud. For this, you have to tap on the Auto Backup option.
– Like Android, the backup frequency can be set to Daily, Weekly or Monthly in iOS.
Restore chats on changing phone
After installing WhatsApp in the new phone or reinstalling the old phone, login to WhatsApp with the registered mobile number. After doing this, there will be an option to restore the chats on the screen. Follow these steps to restore chats:
– Upon receiving the notification, tap on Continue to restore the chat from Google Drive or iCloud.
– To do a backup check on WhatsApp, select ‘Give Permission’.
– Now tap on restore.
Explain that if you are switching from Android to iOS then you will not be able to restore WhatsApp chat. This is because chats are saved on Google Drive in Android and iCloud in iOS.